Transfer students are students who currently study at Finnish university of applied sciences (UAS) and apply to transfer their study rights to equivalent degree programme at another Finnish UAS. Transfer admission is possible from the beginning of either autumn or spring semester.
Students of another Finnish UAS may be accepted as transfer students if they have valid right to study, and have completed enough studies at their current UAS to demonstrate seriousness of purpose. Students can apply for transfer to TAMK only to complete the same degree / title in same or equivalent degree programme. Transfer students can be accepted only if there are free study places in this degree programme in TAMK.
University students and students of foreign higher education institutions cannot be accepted as transfer students. Only way for these students to get a study place from TAMK is to apply normally via the joint national application system.
Admission criteria for transfer students:
- there must be free study places in the student group (degree programme and year) which the applicant wishes to join
- applicant must fulfill the admission criteria of the degree programme
- applicant must have completed enough studies at the current UAS, considering the time spent studying there (in practice this means minimum of 45 credits per study year)
- it must be possible for the applicant to complete the studies within the remaining time for which the applicant's study right is valid
- the studies completed at the current UAS must be accreditable in accordance with the curriculum of the degree programme concerned
Admission is also affected by
- applicant´s succes in the studies at the current UAS (course grades)
- presented grounds for the transfer
In TAMK, the decision about accepting the transfer application will also be affected by a personal interview with the applicant. The applications are processed within the degree programmes.
The vice president in charge of degree-awarding education makes the final decision regarding acceptance of transfer students. Transfer applications are processed in two months after the application period has ended. Accepted transfer students have to resign from the initial university of applied sciences.
Note! The degree programme in International Business accepts transfer students only once a year, from the beginning of autumn semester. Applicants cannot apply for transfer to the degree programme of International Business for the spring semester.
If the applicant wishes to transfer from beginning of autumn semester, the application and required attachments must arrive to TAMK admissions office by 30 April. If the applicant wishes to transfer from beginning of spring semester, the application and required attachments must arrive by 15 November.
The transfer application to the degree programmes conducted in English is made by using English online application form. The application form must be printed and sent by post to TAMK Admissions Office. Following documents must be attached to the printed application form:
- up-to-date transcript of records, signed and stamped by current UAS
- up-to-date certificate of enrollment with attendance record, signed and stamped by current UAS
- declaration of completed but not assessed courses, signed and stamped by current UAS (teacher tutor, study councellor or the head of the degree programme)
On the application form, applicant must declare the exact estimated amount of credits to be completed by the requested transfer.
►Open the online TRANSFER APPLICATION FORM here (form will be availabe for autumn's application period in October)
The applications which arrive in time are processed within two months after spring's application period has ended and within one month after autumn's application period has ended.
The printed and signed transfer application form and required attachments must be sent to TAMK Admissions Office to following address:
Tampere University of Applied Sciences
Duration of study rights
The study right of transfer students are deemed to have begun when they accepted the study place in the first UAS in which they were enrolled. Thus, the students have to complete their studies within the remaining time for which their right to study is valid.
Transfer students have to proceed with their studies at TAMK according to the schedule of the study group which they join.
This applies only to the field of Social Services and Health (in TAMK: the degree programme in Nursing). Applicant must consider whether his/her health condition enables his/her successful practical studies and work placement. Those applying to the field of Social Services and Health must take into consideration that:
- both studying and working in the profession requires good mental health
- the field is not suitable for person who uses illegal drugs or misuses alcohol or pharmaceuticals
- musculoskeletal diseases, chronic dermatological diseases and allergies can become a health issue during studies or later in professional life
- blood-borne diseases can limit placement in professional life
- University of Applied Sciences can request that the student provides his/her criminal records extract before his/her work placement, if the work placement tasks include working with children
Applicant is required to give relevant information about his/her health and send it to the UAS. This applies also for information about possible earlier revoked study places.
Previous Revoked Study Places
This applies only to the field of Social Services and Health (in TAMK: the degree programme in Nursing). This field has safety requirements that deal with working with minors, patients and customers. Therefore, student can lose the study place, if the student has not disclosed information about his/her earlier revoked study place based on abovementioned safety requirements in application form, or the student has on repeated instances seriously endangered the health or safety of others.
On the transfer application form, mark yes if your study place in Finland has been revoked earlier due to
1. your health issues have prevented your studies or
2. you have on repeated instances seriously endangered the health or safety of others.
If you answer yes to any of these questions, attach a declaration of these issues to the transfer application.
Note! Mark yes only in abovementioned cases. If you have cancelled study place yourself, or your study place has been revoked due to issues such as missing attachments, mark no.